Ultimate Fighters
Want to partake in viewing member exclusive boards and to interact with everyone here? Create an account now to gain access to member status.
Ultimate Fighters
Want to partake in viewing member exclusive boards and to interact with everyone here? Create an account now to gain access to member status.
Ultimate Fighters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ultimate Fighters

The Official Forum of Ultimate Fighters!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

J-Stars Victory Vs.

Go down 
+2
Rhino.Freak
Trunks
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Trunks

Trunks

J-Stars Victory Vs. Empty
PostSubject: J-Stars Victory Vs.   J-Stars Victory Vs. EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 3:44 pm

Platforms: PS3 and PSVita
Release Date:TBA

Most of this is copied from a wiki article I found XD
But here you go:

J-Stars Victory Vs is a team battle action video game that combines the universes of several Shonen Jump series. It will be released by Namco Bandai Games for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita in 2013.

J-Stars Victory Vs lets up to four players battle it out against one another in a gameplay and graphical style similar to those of Dragon Ball: Zenkai Battle Royale. Fighters can move and fight in all directions of a 3D battle field, which is partially destructible. Characters have their own play styles too; for example: Goku and Ichigo are mobile fighters that specialize in battling in the air, Luffy and Toriko prefer to rush into combat and unleash barrages of attacks against their enemies, and Kenshin and Naruto specialize in fighting two opponents at the same time. Players should learn the lay of the land and formulate a battle plan with a character suited to it. A defeated character comes back after a set amount of time passes. To win the battle, all three sections of the WIN gauge at the top of the screen have to be filled; the gauge fills one section each time an opponent is defeated. The meter on the top left is Player 1 team's Win gauge and the meter on the top right is the opponent team's Win gauge, the bottom left shows the controlled character's life and stamina meters, and he bottom right has a map of the stage.
Fighters can use regular attacks, power attacks, area-based attacks, and finishing moves:

Normal Attacks: fast attacks that do not consume stamina. They are the main part of the battle, and all combos begin with them.
Power Attacks: slow, but powerful strikes that can break an opponent's guard. They use stamina and leave the user open, but they have a big impact if they connect and their power can be increased by charging them up.
Ranged Attacks: long range attacks that deal a lot of damage. They use stamina, but allow to hit opponents over a wide area. Enemies can sidestep these attacks however.
Special Moves: are super special techniques activated when the Voltage Meter fills up. It expands when team members deliver (or get hit with) attacks, and it packs enough wallop to decide the match if it can be pulled off. An example of a signature character move is Ichigo's Getsuga Tenshou.
By using different techniques, the player can lead his team to victory. Learning each character's different power, range, and effects is the first step towards being unbeatable.

Playable characters
Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)
Toriko (Toriko)
Zebra (Toriko)
Goku Son (Dragon Ball Z)
Vegeta (Dragon Ball Z)
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Sasuke Uchiha (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
Kenshin Himura (Rurouni Kenshin)
Kankichi Ryoutsu (KochiKame)
Gintoki Sakata (Gintama)
Yūsuke Urameshi (Yū Yū Hakusho)
Gon Freecss (Hunter × Hunter)

Confirmed Transformations (and my possible guesses at transformations):
Bijuu Naruto cloak
Luffy has shown gear 2nd as a controllable transformation, dunno about Gear 3rd, although his ultimate has been shown to be the (Don't shoot me if I mess up this name) Gigantic Elephant Gatling Gun? It's covered in his hardening Haki...
Sasuke was revealed only today but his outfit shown was the one he wore right before EMS (Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan) although he may have EMS dunno yet (not confirmed)
Goku and Vegeta both have SS1 Transformation reavealed thus far.
Ichigo has yet to be confirmed to have a transformation, but his attire in the game is pre-Fullbringer arc...heck it's pre-Final Getsuga too as the chain isn't wrapped around his arm. So I'm going to assume he will have Hollow mask.
Yusuke has been confirmed to be able to transform into Possesed by Raizen Demon Mode from the Sensui arc.

With all that's been revealed so far I've already set aside money to import this. Which other PS3 owners are getting this with me? Very Happy
If you all would like I can try to keep this thread updated. EDIT: I will keep this thread updated. XD
They are supposed to be revealing a lot during TGS too.
Video:

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Goku Firing Kamehameha:

Goku defending against Naruto's clones:

Naruto Rasengan & Rasenshuriken:

SS Goku:

Scan:

---Update 9/20/13

Playable:
Taro Yamada (Chinyuki: Taro to Yukaina Nakama Tachi)
Jaguar Junichi (Pyu to Fuku! Jaguar)
Support Only:
Babaa (Chinyuki: Taro to Yukaina Nakama Tachi)

They aren't much but here are your gameplay videos:

---Update 9/21/13---

Last edited by Trunks on Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:26 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rhino.Freak

Rhino.Freak

PostSubject: Re: J-Stars Victory Vs.   J-Stars Victory Vs. EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 3:59 pm

ooh. a suggestion, try putting some images and a video link to make it look appealing, most people will ignore this without that.
Back to top Go down
Trunks

Trunks

PostSubject: Re: J-Stars Victory Vs.   J-Stars Victory Vs. EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 4:25 pm

Fix'd Smile but it seems half the scan and the first pic got cut in half :/
Back to top Go down
Shivam

Shivam

PostSubject: Re: J-Stars Victory Vs.   J-Stars Victory Vs. EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 4:44 pm

Any idea when this is going to release? Awesome thread, by the way. +1
Back to top Go down
Rhino.Freak

Rhino.Freak

PostSubject: Re: J-Stars Victory Vs.   J-Stars Victory Vs. EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 4:44 pm

omg! whoa! this is certainly the BEST graphiced anime fighting game I ever ever saw! too epic +1
Goku SSJ looks so detailed, epic.. woooooow..... Wish I had a PS3!!!
Back to top Go down
Trunks

Trunks

PostSubject: Re: J-Stars Victory Vs.   J-Stars Victory Vs. EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 4:48 pm

@Shivam: No release date announced as of yet although, I'm expecting an announcement at TGS (Tokyo Game Show)

@Rhino: I know it! Smile my inner fanboy is screaming and running in circles XD
Back to top Go down
Rhino.Freak

Rhino.Freak

PostSubject: Re: J-Stars Victory Vs.   J-Stars Victory Vs. EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 5:08 pm

yeah! but too bad I don't have PS3.. or PSVita.. SadSad

EDIT: watched video.. it seems to be a sequal to JUS.. J-Stars , Jump Ultimate Stars?? also it has that kochikame guy lol.. epic game is epic
Back to top Go down
Mecha_Azrid

Mecha_Azrid

PostSubject: Re: J-Stars Victory Vs.   J-Stars Victory Vs. EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 5:19 pm

The game looks really awesome.

Offtopic: One Piece fans... One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 is finally out!
Back to top Go down
Trunks

Trunks

PostSubject: Re: J-Stars Victory Vs.   J-Stars Victory Vs. EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 5:26 pm

Made by the same company, just not on the DS this time Razz
Its to celebrate their 45th anniversary
And yeah, him and Gin were revealed together as gag characters. I'm hoping that Bobobo makes it in XD
@Mark is it? On US or UK PSN? :3 (sorry off topic I need to know XD)
Back to top Go down
Mecha_Azrid

Mecha_Azrid

PostSubject: Re: J-Stars Victory Vs.   J-Stars Victory Vs. EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 5:28 pm

Haha I found that guy who copies abilities pretty op.

Offtopic:
@Trunks, yeah it's out in the US and EU for PS3.
Back to top Go down
Keiin

Keiin

PostSubject: Re: J-Stars Victory Vs.   J-Stars Victory Vs. EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 7:05 pm

I will be buying that I guess.
Back to top Go down
Rhino.Freak

Rhino.Freak

PostSubject: Re: J-Stars Victory Vs.   J-Stars Victory Vs. EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 7:10 pm

those who don't have PSvita etc.. I shall try to make all star game this epic! Serious Face
Back to top Go down
ULTIMOS

ULTIMOS

PostSubject: Re: J-Stars Victory Vs.   J-Stars Victory Vs. EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 6:45 am

it cant be that epic cause our game focuses on old big 4 and that game has tons of chars from all verses hope kurapika makes it in this time he would be epic oh and trunks it was shown that ichigo will have his bankai lol im buying a psvita just for this game almost no games have chars from gintama hxh and rurouni kenshin miss old big 3 hxh op and rurouni kenshin the ones before naruto and bleach
Back to top Go down
Trunks

Trunks

PostSubject: Re: J-Stars Victory Vs.   J-Stars Victory Vs. EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 9:16 am

@Ultimos: I know, his base form is bankai state, just pre-fullbring. I'm pretty sure he will have his Hollow Mask as a transformation.
I agree though, as soon as Gintoki and Kenshin were announced I flipped out and decided I wanted it(was 95% sure I was gonna order for day 1), then the scan revealing Sasuke, Vegeta, and Zebra showed not only them but Yusuke's Demon form from the Shisui fight I flipped out and decided I needed it XD Luckily I own a PS Vita (gift to myself for christmas XD my christmas bonus for work paid for it lol) and a PS3. (saved up for that myself..lol)
Wonder if cross-play would be an option?
Also, if anyone is getting this for PS3 I'd like to friend them on PSN for some potential co-op action Razz
Back to top Go down
ULTIMOS

ULTIMOS

PostSubject: Re: J-Stars Victory Vs.   J-Stars Victory Vs. EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 10:38 am

I hope they change it though like seriously releasing a ps3 game this year while the other games are released for ps3 ps4 and xbox one
Back to top Go down
Trunks

Trunks

PostSubject: Re: J-Stars Victory Vs.   J-Stars Victory Vs. EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 11:39 am

Well as far as I know it's only PS3 and Vita. I believe it's also partially due to the fact that CC2 has been working on this since the new year? (I may be mistaken but I think I'm right lol) and they didn't have the devlopers kits for the PS4 yet. The development tools are radically different for PS3 and PS4 due to the type of hardware in the console itself, so if they were to put this on the PS4 (or anything other than PS3/Vita as obviously a mobile platform would have different development tools from home consoles) they would have to do it from the ground up again on a game they already sunk money and time into developing for a system that is difficult to port what is intended as "Exclusives"..
Xbox won't see this title as this title will be a Japan only release (You'll have to import it, luckily Vita/PS3 aren't region locked) and almost nobody in Japan has a Xbox or will get one. For the most part they are Sony all the way! As am I XD but that's only due to stupid red rings of death turning me off Microsoft further lol

Anyway, I can't say that you are wrong because it may make it to the PS4 at least...only time will tell. It is possible. I'll be keeping this thread updated with the latest info as best as I can. I'll also add more screenshots later (as there is a bit more for me to add of Ichigo and Himura Kenshin, Gon and Yusuke too). Also add more gameplay videos as they provide them!
Back to top Go down
ULTIMOS

ULTIMOS

PostSubject: Re: J-Stars Victory Vs.   J-Stars Victory Vs. EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 12:29 pm

actually xbox is becoming more famous its getting final fantasy and kingdom hearts a lot of ps4 only games are now xbox one too looks like japan likes the xbox one maybe the difference between xbox one and xbox 360 is that big so its possible actually red rings of death dont bother on that console and in playstation 3 I didnt like it due to it getting stuck a lot in internet and other stuff but the xbox 360 worked well for me oh and it actually might be possible that this game get released in us cause people now know more about shonen jump and anything is possible who would have thought kingdom hearts 3 is for xbox one
Back to top Go down
Trunks

Trunks

PostSubject: Re: J-Stars Victory Vs.   J-Stars Victory Vs. EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 1:23 pm

Honestly, I think they just port the games to Xbox to get better sales in America (as MOST people in Japan are all about Sony, MOST people in America are all about Microsoft, or Xbox if you will) and since their doing it for one country may as well translate and make the most money possible. Also, this is two seperate gaming companies you are talking about now, Square-Enix and Cyber Connect 2/Bandai Games.

The reason I believe this game won't see a outside Japan release (which is the same reason for Jump stars and Jump Ultimate Stars) is because in Japan only one company owns the rights to ALL the manga being represented in this game, however, here (in the U.S.) a lot of the represented manga/anime are all owned by many seperate companies. So, CC2 would have to get permission from each individual company and give them a piece of the money pie that might not make as much money as they ask/hope for. Which would be why it's not on the Xbox. Why would a developer develop a game that will be released only in Japan for a console that hardly anyone in that country owns?

As for the internet browser on PS3, the system wasn't made for surfing the web, it was made for playing games. So, the web browser was never a "Huge" feature of the PS3, another reason is they haven't updated that feature at all so you are running a browser meant for doing alright at surfing the web from 2004? (I think) in 2013...of course it won't work well especially since it's (The system) spec'd for gaming..get what I mean?

However, I'm actually hopeful it will see an overseas release.
I really, really, really wish it would! Reguardless of it being a PS3 exclusive or not! So don't think I'm hating or anything, I'm not. Just stating what I believe based on facts provided.
As long as there hasn't been a official announcement to port to other systems or weather or not there will be an overseas release I will remain hopeful Smile
Back to top Go down
Mecha_Azrid

Mecha_Azrid

PostSubject: Re: J-Stars Victory Vs.   J-Stars Victory Vs. EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 5:42 pm

@Trunks
Haha yeah I'm thinking of getting it.
Back to top Go down
ULTIMOS

ULTIMOS

PostSubject: Re: J-Stars Victory Vs.   J-Stars Victory Vs. EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 4:39 am

I agree that its the most probable outcome but if kingdom hearts can be for xbox then this game can be for xbox too its possible and jump ultimate stars was for the ds a nintendo console and now ps4 and xbox one are getting the same games in latest games xbox 360 is getting anime exclusives dbz kinect and some others
Back to top Go down
Trunks

Trunks

PostSubject: Re: J-Stars Victory Vs.   J-Stars Victory Vs. EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 3:29 pm

@Mark: I'm glad. I'll have someone to play with Very Happy

Also, ~*Bump for updates*~
Back to top Go down
Rhino.Freak

Rhino.Freak

PostSubject: Re: J-Stars Victory Vs.   J-Stars Victory Vs. EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 8:06 pm

ooh boy! gonna watch those epic videos soon!
Back to top Go down
Trunks

Trunks

PostSubject: Re: J-Stars Victory Vs.   J-Stars Victory Vs. EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 10:53 am

They (finally) uploaded a full match today, and a Naruto vs. Goku gameplay. I'll upload after work today.

I'm looking forward to watching them myself too.
So, in around 4 1/2 hours
Smile
Back to top Go down
ULTIMOS

ULTIMOS

PostSubject: Re: J-Stars Victory Vs.   J-Stars Victory Vs. EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 4:40 am

I still cant believe that sasuke and zebra were confirmed but zoro and killua weren't, one would think that this is an american game and not japanese if you are up to date with the rankings you would understand my response to that is the same as gintoki's love for naruto, but this game looks really epic 15 chars and atleast 15 more will be added my best guess as to next joining the game would be yoh,killua,zoro,tsuna,seiya and kenshiro those are the most likely candidates:D 
Back to top Go down
Mecha_Azrid

Mecha_Azrid

PostSubject: Re: J-Stars Victory Vs.   J-Stars Victory Vs. EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 7:57 pm

I don't like how this is only going to be for Japan..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: J-Stars Victory Vs.   J-Stars Victory Vs. Empty

Back to top Go down

J-Stars Victory Vs.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next